How many of us are really aware that most of the soaps available in the nearby stores are not really soaps? They are actually synthetic detergent bars, generally called syndets, which are composed of synthetic chemicals and are much harsher than soap. While detergent contains petroleum distillates, natural soap is composed of oils like palm oil, coconut oil or olive oil, which are more skin friendly.
There are numerous reasons as to why a natural handmade soap is better than its chemically enriched counterpart, both in terms of the skin and the environment. A few of the reasons are given below:
• Our skin is a permeable membrane which can allow the entry of micro entities into the system. Using chemically enriched artificial soaps can lead to the entry of these chemicals through our skin into our bodies and as we all know, that entry of unfavorable foreign substances into the body may lead to certain adverse effects. A natural handmade soap is devoid of these harsh chemicals and hence, is friendlier to our skin as well as our body.
• Industrially generated soaps are generally cheap and contain certain standardized chemicals, which may just clean the skin, but on the whole, may not be beneficial to our skin. Handmade soaps, on the other hand, are premium products, which are made, keeping in mind the benefits that they will offer to the user. They also contain a relatively less amount of ingredients, and in the right proportions.
• The chemicals present in industrially generated soaps may even have detrimental effects on the skin and may lead to having a dry skin. A natural handmade soap, on the other hand, is composed of various oils (like olive oil, coconut oil, etc.) which are beneficial to the skin.
• A natural handmade soap also contains glycerin, which is a skin soothing emollient. Besides, unlike industrially prepared soaps which use chemicals to produce a particular scent, natural handmade soaps contain scents which are derived from natural sources. Also, being premium products, they are most of the times, aesthetically molded and hence, are easy on the eyes.
• The chemicals used in industrially prepared commercial soaps are not environmentally friendly and may get accumulated in the nearby water bodies and cause eutrophication, thus depleting the water bodies of oxygen. A natural handmade soap is devoid of such chemicals and hence, is environment friendly.
So, if you can shell a few extra bucks out of your pocket, it is advisable to go for a natural handmade soap which is more beneficial to your skin as well as is environmentally friendly as compared to its cheaper chemically enriched counterpart.
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Victor_Wade/2377755
Article Source: EzineArticles.com